NJ Fishing Advertise Here at New Jersey's Number 1 Fishing Website!

Message Board

Show us your ride - Page 3 - NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey

Message Board Registration       FAQ

Go Back   NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey > NJFishing.com Fresh Water Fishing
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

NJFishing.com Fresh Water Fishing Post all your fresh water topics on this board

Old 05-23-2014, 03:54 PM
NJFishing.com Member

Default Re: Show us your ride

a view from my ride

dont have an actual shot of it but this is the model:
Old 05-24-2014, 07:14 AM
NJFishing.com Member

My new ride I picked up off of craigslist about a month ago. Native slayer 14.5, by far the most comfortable kayak I've ever sat in. Stable enough to stand and comfortable enough to sit all day
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	349
Size:	77.1 KB
ID:	69752  
Old 05-24-2014, 08:43 AM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjw6375 View Post
My new ride I picked up off of craigslist about a month ago. Native slayer 14.5, by far the most comfortable kayak I've ever sat in. Stable enough to stand and comfortable enough to sit all day

That's a nice kayak. Looks like a comfortable seat, too.

I need to upgrade my seat.

Old 05-24-2014, 09:09 AM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

2015 ocean Kayak Big Game 2. Love this thing, it's a fishing machine. Just need to install the LED lights for night fishing, blue tooth speaker for sound, and a down rigger. Super stability and very comfortable. Best thing I've purchased in years.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	20140523_143906.jpg
Views:	323
Size:	53.4 KB
ID:	69764   Click image for larger version

Name:	20140520_195124.jpg
Views:	250
Size:	24.3 KB
ID:	69765  
Old 05-24-2014, 02:27 PM
NJFishing.com Regular

I fish out of this with my dad! Last year was our first year on it, so we had to learn the ropes. We also have a Ocean Kayak Malibu XL that we modified so we can fish on rivers.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMGP7613 (1).jpg
Views:	451
Size:	75.3 KB
ID:	69776   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMGP7619.jpg
Views:	358
Size:	61.1 KB
ID:	69777   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMGP7611.jpg
Views:	370
Size:	81.6 KB
ID:	69778  
Old 05-29-2014, 01:42 AM
NJFishing.com Regular

My eagle talon yak:
Old 05-30-2014, 05:42 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Quote:
Originally Posted by XXlyakattacker View Post
2015 ocean Kayak Big Game 2. Love this thing, it's a fishing machine. Just need to install the LED lights for night fishing, blue tooth speaker for sound, and a down rigger. Super stability and very comfortable. Best thing I've purchased in years.
Is that pic taken on lake Welch in Harriman state park? I love the kayak too, I could spend a day on that, no problem.
Old 10-05-2014, 08:00 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Well, here's MY RIDE!
It's a 1979 Starcraft 14ft. The propulsion is a 1983 Evinrude 9.9 and a Minkota Eundura 40lb Thrust Trolling Motor. This boat has been in my family since the 1980's. It has gone thru several transitions over the years. At first it was a hunting boat painted duch boat brown and had chicken wire screwed around the entire boat and was hand weaved with marshweeds. It was like a floating Duckblind. It was pretty cool looking and the FED's always harassed us because the reg numbers were always hidden! LOL Wish I had some pic's of it to show but no can do. The boat then sat in the backyard for many years as we had a 21ft Hydrasport center console and a 16ft Grumman Deep V which we saltwater fished in for ever.
Eventually I regained my interest in freshwater and decided to use the 14ft'er So in order to bring it back to life I re rigged it and gave it a fresh coat of paint and the transformation began.
It has taken me a huge portion of my years fishing in it too finally have it set up to fish effortlessly whether I am solo or with some one. I can do just about everything I want to do. It is set up with everything in it's place and this way when ever you need the net or pliers or whatever it's always in the same spot Being the boat is only 14ft open space is maximized by using the dry box and tool box to store all my accessories such as rod holders planer boards airators spare battery ect. Everything I need is at a hands reach including my tackle box. Clears up all the clutter and keeps things neat and tight. I am set up to fish up to eight rods with another angler but usually only run four by myself. I continually am making things better or more organized all the time! I have a few winter projects that I am working on such as building a storage compartment inthe middle bench and also buiding a baitwell to replace the cooler with. I have back ups or spares for everything on the boat and that has saved a fishing trip on many occasions.
She's kinda beat up and leaks some but it's a fine tuned fishing machine!!!!
Enjoy.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	DSC01482.jpg
Views:	380
Size:	86.9 KB
ID:	76579   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC01485.jpg
Views:	286
Size:	79.0 KB
ID:	76582   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC01486.jpg
Views:	248
Size:	77.9 KB
ID:	76583   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC01487.jpg
Views:	255
Size:	89.5 KB
ID:	76584   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC01488.jpg
Views:	249
Size:	51.1 KB
ID:	76585  

Name:	DSC01489.jpg
Views:	236
Size:	67.6 KB
ID:	76586   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC01490.jpg
Views:	242
Size:	81.0 KB
ID:	76587   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC01491.jpg
Views:	205
Size:	53.5 KB
ID:	76588  

16 Ft Princecraft DLX
9.9 Johnson
HELIX 7 Si GPS

Last edited by GetANet; 10-05-2014 at 08:03 PM..
Old 10-05-2014, 10:03 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Quote:
Originally Posted by GetANet View Post
Well, here's MY RIDE!
It's a 1979 Starcraft 14ft. The propulsion is a 1983 Evinrude 9.9 and a Minkota Eundura 40lb Thrust Trolling Motor. This boat has been in my family since the 1980's. It has gone thru several transitions over the years. At first it was a hunting boat painted duch boat brown and had chicken wire screwed around the entire boat and was hand weaved with marshweeds. It was like a floating Duckblind. It was pretty cool looking and the FED's always harassed us because the reg numbers were always hidden! LOL Wish I had some pic's of it to show but no can do. The boat then sat in the backyard for many years as we had a 21ft Hydrasport center console and a 16ft Grumman Deep V which we saltwater fished in for ever.
Eventually I regained my interest in freshwater and decided to use the 14ft'er So in order to bring it back to life I re rigged it and gave it a fresh coat of paint and the transformation began.
It has taken me a huge portion of my years fishing in it too finally have it set up to fish effortlessly whether I am solo or with some one. I can do just about everything I want to do. It is set up with everything in it's place and this way when ever you need the net or pliers or whatever it's always in the same spot Being the boat is only 14ft open space is maximized by using the dry box and tool box to store all my accessories such as rod holders planer boards airators spare battery ect. Everything I need is at a hands reach including my tackle box. Clears up all the clutter and keeps things neat and tight. I am set up to fish up to eight rods with another angler but usually only run four by myself. I continually am making things better or more organized all the time! I have a few winter projects that I am working on such as building a storage compartment inthe middle bench and also buiding a baitwell to replace the cooler with. I have back ups or spares for everything on the boat and that has saved a fishing trip on many occasions.
She's kinda beat up and leaks some but it's a fine tuned fishing machine!!!!
Enjoy.
GetANet! Love that f'n boat!
Old 10-06-2014, 10:36 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Here's mine....
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	287
Size:	49.6 KB
ID:	76602  

"Men and fish are alike. They both get into trouble when they open their mouths"