NJ Fishing Advertise Here at New Jersey's Number 1 Fishing Website!

Message Board

Round Valley Reservoir Question. - Page 3 - NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey

Message Board Registration       FAQ

Go Back   NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey > NJFishing.com Fresh Water Fishing
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

NJFishing.com Fresh Water Fishing Post all your fresh water topics on this board

Old 02-14-2020, 07:55 AM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Default Re: Round Valley Reservoir Question.

More info from NJDF&W's trout biologist (1977-1984):

"There was never any concern about the lake trout overpopulating, as there was much skepticism about them naturally reproducing in RVR. Nobody was catching any the first few years after stocking. Some thought that they all had died."
Old 02-14-2020, 08:34 AM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackfishhead View Post
NO gobies!
They do more harm than good for the bass population.
They don't harm a fishery, they destroy it... Yes after the Gobies are established, predators will eat them and get big and fat.. However, the Gobies are present in such huge swarms, nothing can reproduce.. They are relentless, and eat the eggs or fry of EVERYTHING.. Its a horror story. Sunnies, perch, bass rock bass, trout.. I mean everything is impacted.. only way gobies would be ok is on a 100% enclosed lake with NO inlets or outlets, with a fish population thats stocked and no natural reproduction.. Even then I would not do it.. They have destroyed fishing in NY state in a lot of places..bob
Old 02-14-2020, 09:10 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Quote:
Originally Posted by bulletbob View Post
They don't harm a fishery, they destroy it... Yes after the Gobies are established, predators will eat them and get big and fat.. However, the Gobies are present in such huge swarms, nothing can reproduce.. They are relentless, and eat the eggs or fry of EVERYTHING.. Its a horror story. Sunnies, perch, bass rock bass, trout.. I mean everything is impacted.. only way gobies would be ok is on a 100% enclosed lake with NO inlets or outlets, with a fish population thats stocked and no natural reproduction.. Even then I would not do it.. They have destroyed fishing in NY state in a lot of places..bob
Sounds like a perfect addition to RV
Old 02-14-2020, 10:09 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigfishy View Post
Sounds like a perfect addition to RV
RV discharges water into Rockaway creek and prescott brook, making their way to the raritan river