NJ Fishing Advertise Here at New Jersey's Number 1 Fishing Website!

Message Board

musconetcong ice report - Page 2 - NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey

Message Board Registration       FAQ

Go Back   NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey > NJFishing.com Fresh Water Fishing
FAQ Members List Calendar

NJFishing.com Fresh Water Fishing Post all your fresh water topics on this board

Old 01-24-2020, 10:42 AM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Talking Re: musconetcong ice report

Badger making something happen. I love it man! You got your ice fix and survived doing so. I admire your dedication to our sport. Really hoping to see you out there this year. Jig em’ up brother!!!
Old 01-24-2020, 05:54 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Default Re: musconetcong ice report

Reports of 3 people going through on monksville this afternoon with one person going into cardiac arrest and hospitalized.

Remember you might be able to stand if you go through in the shallows but you have no idea how your body is going to react to the shock of 32 degree water.

Be careful guys and error on the side of caution.
Old 01-24-2020, 06:35 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Default Re: musconetcong ice report

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJSquatch View Post
Reports of 3 people going through on monksville this afternoon with one person going into cardiac arrest and hospitalized.

Remember you might be able to stand if you go through in the shallows but you have no idea how your body is going to react to the shock of 32 degree water.

Be careful guys and error on the side of caution.
Absolutely i got off the ice early today. By 2:30 the ice had a matte like appearance that means that honeycomb conditions are not to far behind. anybody trying to get out on anything deeper than 5 or 6 fow are asking for trouble. large bodys of water did not freeze well due to the winds at night the up and down temps are not helping at all.. There is some colder air out in the mid part of the states looks like it is going to be here by next week. keep your fingers crossed that we do get some sort of polar vortex in feb.I am not done badgering those perch yet, still need to get some for the table. The ones that i have been getting are not the 9 to 12" fish that i like to take, only got a couple here and there.I still have not gotten my fix yet would not mind getting a few more days in.. I wait all friggin summer for the hardwater season...