NJ Fishing Advertise Here at New Jersey's Number 1 Fishing Website!

Message Board

LandLocked Salmon - Page 3 - NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey

Message Board Registration       FAQ

Go Back   NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey > NJFishing.com Fresh Water Fishing
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

NJFishing.com Fresh Water Fishing Post all your fresh water topics on this board

Closed Thread

Old 12-09-2013, 02:29 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Default Re: LandLocked Salmon

I fail to see many Jersey waters being ruined because of trout being stocked..Maybe because we are a heavily populated and our lakes get pounded hard...Can u imagine if they quit stocking trout how much fishing pressure would be placed on our bass population....Fortunately bass to pretty darn good reproducing in our waters..Unfortuantly trout dont reproduce well most lakes with warm and cold water species work out pretty well..Think some one just blowing smoke with no real facts....Live and let live I say....
Old 12-09-2013, 02:30 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

I have fished both those lakes with good success up Til June then the waters to warm to have a good release for a trout but I trolled spoons around at all depth and caught many 14 to 18 inch LL i noticed that they like a lil more speed than the rainbows and browns I use downriggers and leadcore... That pic of the big brown is my buddy Lou and he is an awesome trout fisherman
Old 12-09-2013, 03:01 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Good to hear ur report Fishon...In fact thats the best report I've heard bout Wayway in years..Aeroflex different story, My buddies fished it when it was private and was loaded with big browns, huge bass and pickerel..However it wasn't bombed the way it has been since the state took over and opened it to the public..But Nj F&G doing its best to stock and bring back some of its waters..Could be happening..Sure hope it does..Both these waters seem capable but I agree with earlier statement..Round valley would be the best over all place for land locks..
Old 12-09-2013, 03:47 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Merrill would work too. It's crazy deep up there.
Old 12-09-2013, 03:50 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Caught one this past year in Aeroflex. It might have been 12 inches or so.
Old 12-09-2013, 09:22 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Sorry, but just not interested in them.

16 Ft Princecraft DLX
9.9 Johnson
HELIX 7 Si GPS
Old 12-09-2013, 10:32 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Quote:
Originally Posted by GetANet
Sorry, but just not interested in them.

Or their need to be wasted with money on stocking.
Old 12-09-2013, 11:52 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Lightbulb Re: LandLocked Salmon

Never say never to bass stocking. Rally the troops, send e mails, write letters, get ALL the bass fishing people (including clubs) to band together for bass stocking. Go to F&G meetings, attend a F&G Council meeting, talk to your local Federation chapter.

http://www.state.nj.us/dep/fgw/contactform.htm

Look at Trout Unlimited, they all got together and had MANY changes to the F&G code proposed and passed.

If I'm not fishing, I'm writing letters, attending meetings, and looking at all the F&G publications.
Old 12-10-2013, 07:23 AM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

I'd rather rally troops for more catch n release programs.
Old 12-10-2013, 09:05 AM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

All isn't lost for bass fisherman at least according to what i've found out about bass stocking in NJ..In 2012 Hackesttown hatchery stocked lots of bass in 2012, didn;t have time to check out 2013 stocking numbers, but from what I understand 20 lakes and ponds in Nj were stocked with 21,920 LMB, 15,068 SMB went into 4 lakes, 46,766 Hybrids were stocked in 4 lakes..Totals 83,754, now if they stocked the same amount in 2013 means 167,508 combined total of all bass were stocked..Not too shabby....But like I stated when I started this thread, wondered if its worth stocking LL salmon in Nj waters, while I'm at it heres another question, is it worth stocking 2430 Lake Trout in Monksville reservoir yearly??? I do give the state credit for trying to make NJ waters more interesting to fish..I'm sure most anglers would agree, Variety of fish available makes it interesting and challenging to anglers....I too have my doubts Salmon and lake Trout stocking needs more research by the Fish & Game. As to where these fish should be planted...Just my 2 cents worth..
Closed Thread