NJ Fishing Advertise Here at New Jersey's Number 1 Fishing Website!

Message Board

Water Shut Off - NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey

Message Board Registration       FAQ

Go Back   NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey > NJFishing.com Boating
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

NJFishing.com Boating Use this board to discuss anything related to boats and boating in NJ

Old 11-03-2019, 09:34 AM
NJFishing.com Regular

Angry Water Shut Off

This is my second season,moored at the Belmar Marina
Nice place , respectful dock workers,clean facilities, close gas dock,And secure
docks.. Now for the thing that disturbes me the most they shut off the dock water on Nov.1st, even though my lease runs through Dec?15th.
The bay water temp is 60'today,

don't the people who run this place have any consideration for the fall fishermen??? They told me the water is on at the fuel dock?? What do I do flush my engine and row back to my slip. When do most other private marinas shut off the water.

Last edited by hammerin hank; 11-03-2019 at 09:37 AM..
Old 11-03-2019, 01:30 PM
Owner NJFishing.com

Default Re: Water Shut Off

A lot of marinas shut it off 11/1...

Gerry Zagorski <><

Founder/Owner of NJFishing.com since 1997
Proud Supporter of Heroes on the Water
NJFishing@aol.com
Obsession
28 Carolina Classic
Sandy Hook Area
Old 11-03-2019, 02:01 PM
NJFishing.com Regular

I get your frustration. I’m in Atlantic highlands where you have to pay extra $ for the month (they also raise prices every year) and they shut the water off on you and take the filet tables out, which I’m assuming will be this week if they haven’t already. I hate it there. In a week or so I won’t be able to park when the lot becomes winter boat storage. If it wasn’t the location I’d get the hell out. Oh you want a dock box? That’ll be $275 or so (I forget exactly) but you don’t own it and it’s small as hell. I could go on and on
Old 11-03-2019, 03:59 PM
NJFishing.com Regular

Stinks that they turn the water off so early. My marina will leave it on til thanksgiving unless we get cold weather sooner.
Looks like next weekend it is gonna be in the mid 20’s & that means the water is gonna be turned off.
Very difficult to maintain a boat if can’t fresh water rinse your boat after a day of fishing.
Old 11-03-2019, 10:52 PM
NJFishing.com Regular

Belmar made it clear they really didn’t give a shit about us boaters/fisherman when they allowed “Applebee’s on the water” to be built screwing all the slip holders and day trippers out of parking...every time I pass that eyesore I wonder how many pockets got greased to approve that dump!! I say fillet your fish right on the dock and leave the guts to cook in the sun perhaps they will give you a few more weeks after they are all stained!!
Old 11-04-2019, 10:50 AM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Air temp was 38 degrees over weekend. Has nothing to do with water temp- but with them freezing and breaking.

Winterization is a pain in the ass. They also have to be blown empty with compressed air and disconnect and empty the sag loops on the flexible slack hose sections.

So it's a great big pain in the ass to do in January. We used to do that that the Sea Venture marina in Highlands every year until we sold it 10 years ago.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hammerin hank View Post
Nice place , respectful dock workers,clean facilities, close gas dock,And secure
docks.. Now for the thing that disturbes me the most they shut off the dock water on Nov.1st, even though my lease runs through Dec?15th.

don't the people who run this place have any consideration for the fall fishermen??? They told me the water is on at the fuel dock?? What do I do flush my engine and row back to my slip. When do most other private marinas shut off the water.
NJ Boating College- Lead Instructor
Big time hottie crabber
Old 11-05-2019, 11:01 AM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Quote:
Originally Posted by hammerin hank View Post

our marina shuts off the dock water if the temps are close to freezing also. sometimes he turns it back on most times once it's off it stays off and drained. we bring 3 hoses from home, connect them and run them down from the shop water, which stays on (or he will turn on for us). we're usually in the water until december depending on the weather.
https://www.instagram.com/chrisper_fishing/
https://www.facebook.com/mat.nelson.54