NJ Fishing Advertise Here at New Jersey's Number 1 Fishing Website!

Message Board

"Cranford West" - Silver Lake in Hope NJ - Page 3 - NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey

Message Board Registration       FAQ

Go Back   NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey > NJFishing.com Fresh Water Fishing
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

NJFishing.com Fresh Water Fishing Post all your fresh water topics on this board

Old 09-09-2015, 03:42 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Default Re: "Cranford West" - Silver Lake in Hope NJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by logs22 View Post
Speaking of the Rahway east of the Parkway, has anyone ever had luck catching fish in Bloodgood pond, which is essentially just another dammed portion of the Rahway. I hear a lot about Jackson pond further downstream but nothing about Bloodgood. I have fished there twice and never got so much as a bite. An old timer walking by told me he hasn't seen anyone pull bass out of that pond since they started using herbacide on it a few years ago. It's too bad because it 'looks' like it should be great for bass, lots of lilies but not too many, shoreline structures, some depth near the dam....
I dropped my yak in there last year and caught a few bass but couldn't believe how many carp are in there. the whole lake isn't more than a few feet deep anywhere.
Old 09-09-2015, 07:34 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Eddie accept for various times at various schools I have lived in Cranford since 1970. I can say growing up I fished the mighty Rahway or local ponds nearly every day from March through November. Caught yellow and white perch, even small stripers in Rahway; caught tiger musky (8" but a tiger musky for sure) and pickerel. Of course lots of LMB, crappie, carp, catfish, suckers and eels
Never caught a SMB in there
It is totally silted up especially in Cranford but help us on the way as they will be doing dredging over the next two years in Cranford and Springfield. After it would great to get some pike stocked to control the carp and sucker populations
From the dam by Gray's down to the parkway, SMB would thrive
Also, hopefully some day they will introduce some more species into Clark Res, Union Counties biggest body of water
Old 11-19-2015, 08:06 PM
NJFishing.com Regular

Just get rid of the million and a half carp in there. The trout and green sunfish will make a good meal for pike. Smallmouth bass would not survive in there. But the pike would do fine.