NJ Fishing Advertise Here at New Jersey's Number 1 Fishing Website!

Message Board

Still learning the trout game - NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey

Message Board Registration       FAQ

Go Back   NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey > NJFishing.com Fresh Water Fishing
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

NJFishing.com Fresh Water Fishing Post all your fresh water topics on this board

Old 06-04-2019, 06:55 AM
NJFishing.com Member

Default Still learning the trout game

Hello everyone. Just joined last night so this is my first post. I reside near Tampa, FL but visit the Newark area often as my wife is currently working on the EWR new Terminal A project. I drop her off at work and make the hour drive west to fish Ken Lockwood Gorge and the Musky. I have had some success when the rivers aren't blown out and I even managed a new PB, a nice 22" rainbow on Tuesday. I got her on spinning gear as I lost the tip section to my 6wt. somewhere along the Musky trail. Not sure how it came out of my backpack but i looked for it for hours with no luck. I have been back to look for it a few times but its gone. I did get hung up in some areas on the trail and it must have slingshot out of my pack which is why i couldn't find it. I contacted Temple Fork Outfitters and told them what happened and they are going to warranty it! Cant beat TFO's warranty.
I'm always looking for the next biggest fish. I've been wanting to get some surf fly fishing in for some good battles but no clue where to start. I've packed the 12, 10, 6wt. My wife just bought me a TFO 4wt after I lost the tip section to the 6. I look forward to many new trips and possibly meeting some of you to share experiences. Tight lines!
[IMG][/IMG]
Old 06-04-2019, 09:37 AM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Default Re: Still learning the trout game

I grew up near KLG, beautiful area. There are tons of great people on here as well as helpful information, dig through the archives and you'll find tons of info. Welcome to the site man!
Old 06-04-2019, 10:17 AM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Lightbulb Re: Still learning the trout game

Our streams and rivers will make the quick transition from what looked liked nice trout water to more smallmouth looking water. Most of the North and South branches and the main stem of the Raritan river the primary focus will be bass, this isn't a bad thing though. Use the search feature on here to look at reports from various places around NJ. If you like BIG water there is the Raritan river with lots of access. Trout fishing will pick up again in October.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0124.JPG
Views:	298
Size:	111.7 KB
ID:	134204  
Old 06-04-2019, 04:14 PM
NJFishing.com Member

Default Re: Still learning the trout game

Thank you guys for the info!
Old 06-05-2019, 08:24 AM
NJFishing.com Old Salt