NJ Fishing Advertise Here at New Jersey's Number 1 Fishing Website!

Message Board

NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey - View Single Post - Salmon Country report! 10/27 10/28
View Single Post
Old 10-29-2017, 05:24 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Talking Salmon Country report! 10/27 10/28

Day 1 was great going 3 for 8 on the Steelhead with the biggest one coming in at around 30 inches and close to 10lbs. The other 2 were cookie cutters around 20-21 inches!

Salmon! Yes they're still around and some are still on the fresh side. Hooked some Cohos and Kings landing a few on Friday to put together a very nice 1st day catch together on the SR! I lost the biggest Steelie of my life on this trip and it hurts but thats fishing'!!! I'm just happy I still have some kinda touch these days as I only make up there once a year!

Day 2 was weird. Here today gone tomorrow type of deal. The weren't gone though! They were just on the opposite side of the playing field. LOL, lower fly is where all the Chrome ended up after a pretty good Friday! The fish you want are entering the river if your a trophy trout chaser! Could be the best run in years following the best Salmon run in years! After this rain I'd get your asses up there and get your Chrome on. It could be EPIC from what I saw with my own eyes!!!

Woke up this morning to a Great lakes monsoon and decided to leave early. So if my post is a little lame its because I'm pretty bummed. SR is currently getting 3-6 inches of rain and the wind will be ripping out of the west gusting to 60 mph tonight into tomorrow. I should be fishing all day today and a half day tomorrow but Mother Nature is in control! I am home and it sucks, LOLOLOLOLOLOL!!!!!

P.S. Shout out to fellow NJF'ERS BigBoy and Njflyfisher! Great to see you crazy kids up north chasing trophies! YEA BUDDY!!! CHEERS!!! TIGHT LINEZ!!!!!

Sorry for the lack of pics as I flew solo on this mission!!!!