NJ Fishing Advertise Here at New Jersey's Number 1 Fishing Website!

Message Board

NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey - View Single Post - 5/25-26 Raritan Report
View Single Post
Old 05-26-2019, 01:02 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Default 5/25-26 Raritan Report

Started out at Duke Island Park around 2 pm on Saturday. The water was still a little high and stained. Other anglers that were there before me caught trout. I managed to land 3 or 4 on a Rebel Tracdown minnow. Long casts with the periodic twitch and the current doing most of the work was what worked for me. Missed a few there too.
Next stop was the North Branch where the IHOP used to be on 202. Lots of action there once I found the right spot. Nothing big but all very fun on the light power St. Croix. All on the tracdown except one on natural color rooster tail. Let the current do most of the work again. All trout released.
Blacked out early and was back on the water by 5 30ish Sunday. Water still a touch high and off color. Was getting schooled by snags at first. Switched to a Rebel crawdad, bigger size, and was blessed with a really nice 'eye. Measured about 22 3/4- 23 inches. I guess 4 lbs or so. Not sure, you tell me? All I know is it HARD and stayed down at first. Thought I finally got a real big raritan smallie, but was surprised to see it was a walleye. I'll take it!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG0320.jpg
Views:	563
Size:	74.9 KB
ID:	133775   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG0323.jpg
Views:	541
Size:	108.9 KB
ID:	133776