NJ Fishing Advertise Here at New Jersey's Number 1 Fishing Website!

Message Board

NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey - View Single Post - no ice perch catchin from the canoe
View Single Post
Old 02-11-2020, 05:52 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Default no ice perch catchin from the canoe

No ice left anywhere on the cong so i had to get the canoe out again to see if the perch wanted to play. Got out around 12:30 pm with rain and somewhat calm water, fired up the fl-20 and found some fish in 7 to 8 fow. these fish would look at my offering but would not come off the bottom to far and would loose interest and go back down. So i moved in closer to shore in about 5-6 fow and found fish hiding in the weeds, these fish played nice. I could get them to follow my lure and they would hit it. at this time i was presenting the lure vertically just as i would if there was ice to fish on. Then later i had to switch up to casting and apply a slow roll with a shimmy action to get them to hit. small 1/8 oz fin-s type jigs did the trick. I think that we are going to have an early crappie/perch bite this year. THIS WINTER REALLY SUCKED the water should warm up fast by the middle of march and should bring the fish in to spawn early so spool up those reels and get your jig-n-bobber rigs ready. I ended up catching 17 perch and kept 6 for the table.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20200211_173420.jpg
Views:	502
Size:	39.4 KB
ID:	140059