NJ Fishing Advertise Here at New Jersey's Number 1 Fishing Website!

Message Board

NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey - View Single Post - Clarification on NJ boating regulations...
View Single Post
Old 06-14-2016, 10:36 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Default Re: Clarification on NJ boating regulations...

So bottom line, In my state NY, the legal requirement has been met simply by my age.. I have no need to carry a certificate in Sandy Hook, Raritan Bay or along the entire coastline of NJ if I launch out of Great Kills, or anywhere along the NY/LI coastline.. I am 100% in compliance unless I launch at Leonardo or AH in NJ, and then I instantly become a criminal I guess... According to the officer I spoke with at the Carteret State Marine Police office I am fine using a boat as a visitor to NJ as I have met the requirements in my own state.. Someone somewhere must have a definitive answer to this question.. I was convinced I was ok by the NJ State Marine Police.. Now I am no longer sure... I was told by this officer that visitors with boats were welcome to boat in NJ as long as they met the requirements of their home state.
It makes no sense that NJ would not allow visitors with boats to use the water resources of NJ... I'll look into this further before bringing my boats down ... bob