NJ Fishing Advertise Here at New Jersey's Number 1 Fishing Website!

Message Board

NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey - View Single Post - Striped bass:
Thread: Striped bass:
View Single Post
Old 03-12-2024, 07:42 AM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Default Re: Striped bass:

I dunno, I guess I don't understand the need to poach, and take the chance these guys took and lost.. We're not talking stretching one 17 3/4 fluke so it 'makes the cut" here... Do these guys need this meat to "feed their families"?
Lots of free food out there these days, food pantries everywhere... Are they selling them?... I never thought Stripers were all that great anyway, they seemed to me to have an oily rag kind of taste for some reason.. Not awful, but not great... I tend to be VERY naive' about everything, and try and see the more positive side of human nature, so instead of saying these guys are low life slime I just shake my head and try and think "what was the mindset?... Why was this necessary? Was selling these fish going to bring them big bucks?.. Was an extra hundred$$ or two going to make them rich?... If you can afford to live in NJ, is the price of a few hundred pound of poached in the round striper going to put you over the top?.... Honestly,, I just don't get it, why are we always seeing these stories?... bob