NJ Fishing Advertise Here at New Jersey's Number 1 Fishing Website!

Message Board

NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey - View Single Post - Weekend Trout Fishing Trip - Suggestions?
View Single Post
Old 12-05-2018, 06:30 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Default Weekend Trout Fishing Trip - Suggestions?

So my wife and son have fled to Florida for a week leaving just me and the dog home and with nothing to do this weekend. Since it is rare that I have an entire weekend to myself I figured I would make the most of it and do some trout fishing. I am looking for suggestions on a good destination. I am planning to leave bright and early Sat. morning and not looking to drive more than 3 hours (4 tops) and then will be spending Sat. night wherever I end up. I was thinking somewhere in NY state or PA but I have never travelled that far afield and have no idea where to find the best trout streams. Seeing as its going to be pretty cold this weekend I am not inclined to make this a camping trip so wherever I go would ideally have some reasonably priced and dog friendly accommodations nearby (nothing fancy, I am thinking motel, the cheaper the better). All suggestions welcome! Thanks!