NJ Fishing Advertise Here at New Jersey's Number 1 Fishing Website!

Message Board

NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey - View Single Post - 1991 Luhrs Tournament 350 Engine Replacement?
View Single Post
Old 08-16-2017, 02:27 PM
Owner NJFishing.com

Default Re: 1991 Luhrs Tournament 350 Engine Replacement?

As mentioned above by Walleyed chances are you'll hardly see any of that investment back if you were to sell the boat after re powering with brand new engines. If I were you I'd be looking for as inexpensive a fix as possible and that would mean having one or both of the 454s rebuilt and at the same time replace the risers and manifolds on both.

If you are stlll considering new, you are going to have a hard time finding big block replacement motors since 454s and the 496 (8.1) are no longer being manufactured so you cant get one new from Mercury, Volvo or Crusader. That leaves you with repowering with one of the new EFI high powered small blocks like the 6.0 and if you go that route your probably looking at having to change the props and or transmissions to make the small block work correctly so it's not just the cost of the motors that have to be considered.

Once again if it were me I'd be looking to have your engines rebuilt.

Gerry Zagorski <><

Founder/Owner of NJFishing.com since 1997
Proud Supporter of Heroes on the Water
NJFishing@aol.com
Obsession
28 Carolina Classic
Sandy Hook Area