NJ Fishing Advertise Here at New Jersey's Number 1 Fishing Website!

Message Board

NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey - View Single Post - No Kill Trout Stretches
View Single Post
Old 03-30-2018, 10:09 AM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Default Re: No Kill Trout Stretches

I hope that I'm not "baited" into another response but I've always been taught to share with others. My purpose in raising the questions and concerns about the TCA's and No Kills was to raise awareness of how a segment of the trout fishing community is being ignored. I don't care about bringing a stringer of trout home with me. I do care about being told that fishing in these areas is exclusive to fishermen who don't fish like me. There's a principle involved here.

Fishing is supposed to be a relaxing pastime. We all know that it's not all about the catching. NJ is a beautiful state and the trout streams to which I alluded are prime examples of it. Because I choose to fish with bait, I can't share in the aesthetic beauty of some of the most picturesque and natural trout streams in the state. It's just not fair that I can't have access to those waters for even a few days. I'm still not clear as to why those stretches exist in the first place. The only reason I can assume is that I'm not worthy enough to share a stream with others because I'm not like them. A court case about this could destroy trout fishing in NJ. Let's not go there! There has to be a way for all of NJ's trout fishermen to share the aesthetics and the fishing without being exclusive.