NJ Fishing Advertise Here at New Jersey's Number 1 Fishing Website!

Message Board

NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey - View Single Post - No Kill Trout Stretches
View Single Post
Old 03-30-2018, 06:35 AM
NJFishing.com Member

Default Re: No Kill Trout Stretches

Quote:
Originally Posted by meppsman View Post
to clear up the TCA question , there are 2 types: seasonal and year round . The year rounds are not restocked weekly but, once pre season and 3 times in season. They are stocked again one time in the fall. The seasonal TCAs are stocked every week during in season stocking and there are no special rules until the final two weeks of the stocking schedule. The regulations of 1 fish of 15 inches or more do not take effect until the last two weeks of the stocking schedule. The KLG is no kill, it receives 2700 trout in the spring as compared to 40,700 for the rest of the south branch. The KLG is about 2.5 miles. The remainder of the South Branch is probably close to 40 miles of stocked water. So in reality the concentration of stocked fish is about the same, about 1000 per mile. The TCAS were created to give fisherman a greater chance to catch fish year round. They are not fly fishing only, you just cant use bait. I spin fish in them all the time and never had a problem from anybody.
All good points. I would just add that the special reg stretches also concentrate fishermen. Often I'll drive along the Musky only seeing a few cars but at Point Mountain you can't get a parking spot. There's just as many trout in the rest of the river.

Even though I mainly fly fish for Trout and can fish in the special regs areas I don't fish them often because they are so crowded.

You just can't use bait so a spinner, jig,stick bait or soft bait are fine. Is that really too restrictive? If you want to fish bait and keep fish there are hundreds of miles of river to fish.