NJ Fishing Advertise Here at New Jersey's Number 1 Fishing Website!

Message Board

NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey - View Single Post - Fall Trout
Thread: Fall Trout
View Single Post
Old 10-17-2021, 12:04 AM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Default Re: Fall Trout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerzguy2 View Post
Should have seen the circus on the Musky on Wednesday around noon. They had just stocked a popular bridge pool earlier that morning. A couple of fish seen on stringers and 12 -15 guys walking through the center of the pool, guys casting spinners from shore, what a s - - t show. I was just going by, no way I would subject myself to that. How all these over 60 guys got the word that it was being stocked that morning, including a car from Pa. , I have no idea. Almost identical situation on Thursday. Surprised if some guys don't just wait with a net, to catch the trout as they are dumped out of hatchery net!

crazy, and based on this I wanted to give props to the number of guys who fished the Ramapo this morning in Oakland. I was on the river at first light and within and hour there were at least 5 other cars in the lot. Not one single guy came and crowded me in a spot where most knew the fish would be. I fished for 3+ hours by myself and turned the spot to over to another older fisherman who picked my brain a bit in a nice conversation and I saw him reel one in as I was packing up.

One other side note, on the my last fish of the morning I reached for my net only to realize it was gone Must've come unhooked and floated down the river. On the way out I was engaged in conversation by a couple in an SUV who said "did you lose your net?" I said yes I did why? oh we saw it you put it down? and watched it float down the river Thanks for the head up