NJ Fishing Advertise Here at New Jersey's Number 1 Fishing Website!

Message Board

NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey - View Single Post - Best terminal tackle for tuna jigging
View Single Post
Old 11-01-2016, 08:30 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Default Re: Best terminal tackle for tuna jigging

I'm sure this post is going to set up quite a bit of controversary but here is my humble opinion. First off, no need to use Fluro for a shock leader when jigging. The tuna are hitting a moving jig out of aggression and are generally not leader shy like they can be when chunking. Definitely use fluro when chunking. At times it's not needed when there is an all out frenzy but that is not often the case. As far as knots I would recommend the bobbin but you need the special device for that. If you don't have that then I would recommend the reverse Albright or the Alberto knot both using 3 half hitches when done. For extra security a dab of krazy glue helps. I know some guys will swear by the uni to uni knot but I don't find it slim like the reverse Albright or Alberto when passing through the guides. Just my 2 cents. You can YouTube on how to tie those knots