NJ Fishing Advertise Here at New Jersey's Number 1 Fishing Website!

Message Board

NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey - View Single Post - Shallow Water Pike
View Single Post
Old 06-13-2019, 03:47 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Smile Shallow Water Pike

The1 and I had planned on floating for Pike this past weekend since the river is finally low enough, but we wound up sticking to shore cause we got a late start. We only had a few hours to fish, so we spot hopped and managed to land around a dozen smaller pike and pickerel between the two of us, with more fish missed.

We saw tons of bait in the shallow flooded areas, and everywhere we found bait we found pike. It was pretty cool to see the wake of the fish as they chased down our lures.

After we had enough of the little guys, we hit up a spot on the main river in search of some bigger fish.

I recently got into making some of my own lures and was testing out the weighting of a 7" swimbait I made, and it got the seal of approval from a few pike, so I guess it's safe to say the lures work lol.

Here's a couple other fish from a few weeks back... Got the carp on a ned rig and a few other esox:

Last edited by NickM221; 06-13-2019 at 03:51 PM..