NJ Fishing Advertise Here at New Jersey's Number 1 Fishing Website!

Message Board

NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey - View Single Post - What Happened on the Brooklyn??
View Single Post
Old 09-24-2012, 09:17 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Default Re: What Happened on the Brooklyn??

Captains Ron and Mike are correct.

For those who are uninformed: when one has a seizure, after the shaking is stopped, you go into a post-ictal period (a recovery period) and usually recover well. That's why the victim was fine a few minutes later. However, one seizure could be immediately followed by another (or multiple) without recovery. That is a life-threatening situation and always a possibility when a person has a seizure. Seizures can also be symptoms of other things going on like head injuries, a major stroke, etc. Thus, it was totally prudent and incumbent upon the captain of the vessel to seek medical/emergency assistance immediately.

In the past there has been genuine concern on this board and others about people who have been ill and injured. Let's keep it that way.

Additionally, thank you for the kind words sent to our first responders. Being one for 20 years, it is much appreciated.

Mike

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1captainron
From Captain Mike/Brooklyn...
Lady had a seizure, there was a doctor on board to address the situation, Captain did the right thing by heading to the C.G. station at Sandy Hook.......End of story.
Those EMT guys from NY are the best and are a saving grace for any of us on the water, god forbide you should ever need them. They were on my boat in 12 minutes two years ago for the same situation. Knowing I can depend on them to have my back in a serious or fatal situation is priceless.....Make them pay??
This is not a fishing report and shouldn't even take up space with this BS.
Capt.Ron