NJ Fishing Advertise Here at New Jersey's Number 1 Fishing Website!

Message Board

NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey - View Single Post - Presidential Candidates Opinions on Fisheries and Regulations
View Single Post
Old 09-18-2012, 09:24 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Default Re: Presidential Candidates Opinions on Fisheries and Regulations

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt L
Seems to me one side gives a crap about the environment and one side doesn't. One side wouldn't want the environment getting in the way of business like dumping chemicals and sewage in the water and one side would want to clean it up and keep it clean.

Isn't it interesting that you are only supposed to eat so much fish because of how much mercury is in certain species? And only allowed to eat so many meals from certain bodies of water and many you should not eat any meals?

Wonder how all that pollution got there? Wonder who would be most interested in putting money in clean air and water and who would be more interested in fracking and burning fossil fuels for energy...

Not sure how far you want to go with this thread....
Bullshit, pure and simple... The Hudson, Raritan, Passiac, and Hackensack Rivers were all dead when I was a kid.. Today they are all full of life.. The water is as clean as I have ever seen it.. We have made great strides in cleaning the air and water in this country.. Democrats AND Republicans. A clean environment is strictly non partisan.

Want to stop using fossil fuels??.. Fine.. Fish from shore for the rest of your life. Unless you can find a solar powered boat.
Can't use fishing line either, its made from petroleum... Oh and you'll need to catch your own bait.. Bare handed I guess..

Hooks??.. Well there ARE made in factories that are powered by fossil fuels.

We can go REAL far with this thread.. Fossil fuels keep my family and yours well fed.. Could you imagine what would happen if all farming were done with oxen or horses??.. Lets be just a little bit realistic here.