NJ Fishing Advertise Here at New Jersey's Number 1 Fishing Website!

Message Board

NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey - View Single Post - No Kill Trout Stretches
View Single Post
Old 03-30-2018, 03:57 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Default Re: No Kill Trout Stretches

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royal Coachman View Post
All good points. I would just add that the special reg stretches also concentrate fishermen. Often I'll drive along the Musky only seeing a few cars but at Point Mountain you can't get a parking spot. There's just as many trout in the rest of the river.

Even though I mainly fly fish for Trout and can fish in the special regs areas I don't fish them often because they are so crowded.

You just can't use bait so a spinner, jig,stick bait or soft bait are fine. Is that really too restrictive? If you want to fish bait and keep fish there are hundreds of miles of river to fish.
I totally agree. I don’t fly fish but you are 100% dead on about those areas being packed and the rest of the river doesn’t have a soul in site. I stopped at the Ken Lockwood Gorge one day this past January and it was packed. I spoke to a few guys there and nobody caught anything. I went a few miles downstream and had a great day with plenty of fish and I never even saw another fisherman.