NJ Fishing Advertise Here at New Jersey's Number 1 Fishing Website!

Message Board

NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey - View Single Post - Looks Like Fluke Option 5 Passed
View Single Post
Old 03-01-2012, 09:40 PM
Site Sponsor

Default Re: Looks Like Fluke Option 5 Passed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave A
So let me get this straight...nobody seems to have wanted option 5 but except for a few of us, nobody thought it was important enough to take off time and go to the meeting. A few more in favor of 18" and the longer season would have made the difference. And while I'm at it, SHAME on all of my fellow industry members that did not go. For those who don't know, I have a "non-sponsor" tackle shop in Brielle. Where were all the other tackle shop owners, sponsors and non-sponsors? From what I saw, there were 2 other non-sponsor tackle shops represented. Also, there were only 3 pb captains from between Atlantic Highlands and Barnegat Light and 2 of them don't even fluke fish. Where were the rest of you? I am sick and tired of attending meetings and then listening to or reading gripes and complaints from all of you that never take the time to try and make a difference.
I feel your pain and frustration Dave.

As Dave said, 2 of the partyboat captains in attendance don't fluke fish but understand the ramifications of our choices to both that fishery and others. Coincidentally they were both related to me

Thanks Butchie, Howard and Jeff for going, especially my brother since I could not go and he went in my place(I was on the boat with the Coast Guard until after 4:00 today for our annual topside inspection)

Understanding that the average fisherman will not typically take off from work early to go to a fisheries meeting that does not change the fact that there were MANY of the fluke boat captains from up and down the NJ coast that were conspicuously absent.

I am sure they will be the first ones to bitch.