NJ Fishing Advertise Here at New Jersey's Number 1 Fishing Website!

Message Board

NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey - View Single Post - Monster Trout! New PB Rainbow!
View Single Post
Old 10-27-2019, 05:49 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Talking Monster Trout! New PB Rainbow!

Headed up to NY for a 3 day weekend of fishing. Had my brother from another, Andrushkin, as my co captain for this adventure. Decided to head west instead of attending the circus that is Pulaski, NY and the Salmon River. Fishing isn’t very good up there as of right now for anyone heading up. Hopefully some big Trout start flying in.

Andre and I got to the spot at 8 am or so. Not many guys at all and there a lot of fish around. We found our honey hole and went to work. Andre got a nice 5 lb. Brown right off the bat. I hooked up to a big fish 30 seconds after he released his fish. The fish took me all over the river and I couldn’t identify it by the way it was fighting. Initially I thought Steelhead til it showed its face. I was shaking like a leaf when I saw the size of the is Rainbow Trout. It was an absolute brute of a female measuring a hair under 32 inches. Not sure on a weight but I’m going to guesstimate this fish to be about 13-15 lbs. as it absolutely dwarfed the 10 lb. Brown I got the next day. Yep, I said that! It dwarfed the 10 lb. Brown. Haha! Andre and I kept working the river and catching and catching. By 1 in the afternoon we had about 20 Trout between the 2 of us. Average size was 5-10 lbs. or so. Friggin’ nuts. Decided to do some creek hopping to end the day and found the mother load of running Salmon a hair east of the first creek. These fish were finally at the end of there run but fought like hell in the small creek. And there was a ton of them to catch. Approximately 250-300 fish ran up between 3-6pm Friday afternoon. Absolute mayhem and we were in the middle of it. All Salmon released to do there thing and finish the mission they were on.

Saturday back to the Crik’! Not many people as the water dropped a lot from the previous day. Not many fish either. Andre and I had to do some searching so we walked all the way up until we found some fish to play with. Guess what? We found em’! Haha! We fished and fished til the run was dry and came up with about 6 Brown Trout for our efforts. 2 of the Browns were enormous. 1 big male at 9 lbs and the big female of the trip tipped the scale at 10 lbs. 2 ozs. I consider that a damn good day morning beautiful n the Crik’! Headed back East for the afternoon shift! I wanted to play with the Salmon some more and wanted to see if anything came up behind em’. No Trout followed but the Salmon action was just as nuts as the previous day. We both hooked up a ton of times, landed some fish and decided to make another move. We then headed to Pulaski to see if there was any Chrome to play with. Let me tell you something, we saw 1 cookie cutter on a stringer and that was it. No hook ups either. Hopefully it picks up in November. Good luck to anyone heading up!

Woke up in the room this morning to 20-30 mph winds gusting to over 50+. Unreal! Let’s just say we got out of there early as the sideways rain and wind were a bit of a turn off. Hell of a weekend in the north country with my Russian brother! TIGHT LINEZ FELLAS!!!!

9lb. Male.....

10lb. 2oz. Female.....

NEW PB RAINBOW.....

Last edited by FASTEDDIE29; 10-27-2019 at 06:05 PM..