NJ Fishing Advertise Here at New Jersey's Number 1 Fishing Website!

Message Board

NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey - View Single Post - Hauling or staying in?
View Single Post
Old 10-01-2015, 08:25 AM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Default Re: Hauling or staying in?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerry Zagorski View Post
Staying in our slip for a few reasons. Our marina is fairly protected and we are on floating docks which typically are better for riding out storms and higher waters.

Had we left our last boat in the slip during Sandy we'd probably still have that boat. Instead we pulled it and had it up on stands in one of the local boats yards and it wound up in a pile of other boats that got knocked around by the storm surge. One of my friends left his in our Marina and was fine other then a little fiberglass and rub rail damage.

If you do decide to pull your boat, make sure you store it up on high ground or your better off leaving it in the water.

If I had a trailor for my boat and a truck capable of towing it, I'd probably pull it just to be on the safe side.
its just such a hassle in point, there is no close ramp. I need a ride from ramp to boat or ride my bike 5 miles and then navigate the boat down the river to the manasquan river club.