NJ Fishing Advertise Here at New Jersey's Number 1 Fishing Website!

Message Board

NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey - View Single Post - Freshwater Fisheries Forum January 18 at Hackettstown State Fish Hatchery
View Single Post
Old 01-21-2020, 08:12 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Default Re: Freshwater Fisheries Forum January 18 at Hackettstown State Fish Hatchery

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jedhead View Post
I did go up on Saturday. Decent turn out, probably 40 people in attendance . Fish health was covered by fish pathologist Jan Lovy. Great presentation covering some carp and bass issues, fish kills and sick and diseased fish. He suggested not to release sick looking fish, get them to him at the Pequest Hatchery or email him some pics with location of capture at a minimum. Also to report any fish kills as well.

Jan.lovy@dep.nj.gov

Next up was Lisa Barno with an informative talk on the recent HAB issues and their causes, Tyler Tresslar from the Hacketstown Hatchery closed with recent projects and accomplishments for the year 2019 at the hatchery. He had a nice presentation highlighted with fish pics, a lot of members here made it onto the screen. Started snowing heavy around noon and I split.
Thanks for the summary Jed, the fear of snow kept me home too. the NJfers are always making those highlight reels bunch of tryhards lol i jk.