NJ Fishing Advertise Here at New Jersey's Number 1 Fishing Website!

Message Board

NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey - View Single Post - Private launch ramps on Staten Island?
View Single Post
Old 03-22-2021, 05:20 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Default Re: Private launch ramps on Staten Island?

Who said you cant go to NJ lakes? With the NYS BSC you can do exactly that.

Bad info if they told you that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bulletbob View Post
Thank you Capt Frank for your well thought out, and very helpful reply. I appreciate the good information.

Just for the sake of curiosity, I called the NJSMP on saturday morning.. Spoke to a nice well mannered and articulate officer, and asked him the same question I have asked here several times, and to the NJSMP several times as well...

He told me that the bay and surrounding waters of NY/NJ were reciprocal, and that I was indeed compliant with NJ if I am compliant with NY in Raritan/Sandy Hook.. I cannot go into NJ lakes, non tidal rivers etc. I knew this. Probably can't go much further down the NJ coast say Shark/Manasquan etc. Not the first time I have been told this, I have heard it from others ...
However, the same NJSMP has told me not to even try it when I emailed them... Same old story really, it depends on who answers the phone or the email.. I will look into the online courses.

I just find it very odd that I still have not gotten a truly definitive answer from the very agency that enforces the regulations, after a bunch of attempts... bob
NJ Boating College- Lead Instructor
Big time hottie crabber