NJ Fishing Advertise Here at New Jersey's Number 1 Fishing Website!

Message Board

NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey - View Single Post - Private launch ramps on Staten Island?
View Single Post
Old 03-22-2021, 10:33 AM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Default Re: Private launch ramps on Staten Island?

NJ requires you have a NASBLA issued Boater Safety Certificate (BSC) for anywhere.

The NYS BSC is available TOTALLY ONLINE ( unlike NJ that requires face to face final exam). Take either BoaterExam.com or Boat-Ed.com for NYS and you're done for the rest of your life.

When done with the NYS course- passing grade only 76% ( not NJ 80%). They issue a 60 day temp and a chit. The Chit you send to Parks Dept in Albany with $10 check. Then send you the permanent plastic BSC Card.

That's the easiest way to comply. Also with waterways that are not 6 or more miles wide you have concurrent jurisdictions with NJ and NY since state territorials water extend 3 miles each.

Hope that helps?

I teach NJ and NY courses. SO PM me if you have any specific Q's? OK?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bulletbob View Post
NY does not require certificates in my age group until 2025 [born 1954], and conn, accepts that I am NY compliant in adjacent waters...

No choice but to stay on the NY side of the bay.. NJ Marine Police told me in an email in no uncertain terms that I was NOT welcome to operate a boat in NJJ coastal waters... bob
NJ Boating College- Lead Instructor
Big time hottie crabber