NJ Fishing Advertise Here at New Jersey's Number 1 Fishing Website!

Message Board

NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey - View Single Post - Pollution Threatens New Jersey's Lake Hopatcong
View Single Post
Old 04-30-2019, 03:37 PM
dakota560

Default Re: Pollution Threatens New Jersey's Lake Hopatcong

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drossi View Post
Not to understate the issue but that size of flow going into a body of water as big as LH can't be many parts per million across the water mass of such a big lake. Where is the offending stream entering LH? Is that the one that runs under Rt 15 and enters into the back water cove?
If I lived in the area, I'd have a concern about any level of toxic water being disposed of in a lake I eat fish from or my family swims in. More of a concern would be the amount of silica which appears in the News 4 video becoming airborne. If you read up on crystalline silica, it's extremely toxic when inhaled and only a small amount is needed to cause permanent scaring in the lung tissue which will inevitably lead to lung cancer. There are serious health risks associated with this stuff. That doesn't even address the impact this will have on property values in the area. How does Weldon plan on compensating the residents of the area regarding all potential adverse effects, they surround themselves with a team of attorneys. That's the first sign the problem is greater than what the public is being lead to believe.

If the water discharge meets all safety standards, how about the Officers and Directors of Weldon drink that water at their next Board Meeting.

Ask the residents of Pompton Lakes what Dupont and their PR machine have been telling them for 50 or more years and the havoc that environmental issue caused and is still causing to the town and it's residents today.

Last edited by dakota560; 04-30-2019 at 04:03 PM..