NJ Fishing Advertise Here at New Jersey's Number 1 Fishing Website!

Message Board

NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey - View Single Post - Fishermans Rally; Wash DC March 21, 2012
View Single Post
Old 01-23-2012, 12:25 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Default Re: Fishermans Rally; Wash DC March 21, 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by bunker dunker
i don't understand wht we have to fight for what is already ours.i give a big thanks to all who are working and fighting.it seems to me that this war has to many fronts.1st its fluke,then sea bass now haddock were dose it end
That's why Capt TB and Hutch are telling you this isn't about a lot of different little fronts. Look past them. Some of you guys aren't seeing the forest for the trees. This is about giving fishermen a voice in our nation's capital. Our collective best interests (ALL FISHING) are being marginalized and beaten down by idiots in charge of making the regs and rules, introductions of catch shares, etc. All fishermen, rec. and comm., have a dog in this fight. I'm gonna go this year, too.

I'll say this: It shouldn't have to come to this, but perhaps if party and charter boat captains/owners did something like handed out a coupon or offered some sort of small one-time discount (or any kind of deal) to those who march with them, we might get a few more guys on board with this. Some guys really can't go for one reason or another, others can easily go, some probably can but are stubborn/mislead/ignorant, and still others (like myself) are willing to sacrifice one day off from work to show support the hobby that's been a major part of my life for all of my 27 years on this planet. I personally don't feel I'm owed anything for this, but I think it'd be a fairly easy way to get some support from guys who are "on the fence" by showing the ones who do sacrifice their day for the cause some appreciation for their efforts. A major complaint from guys who marched last time has been "nothing's been done! I got nothing out of it!"

I absolutely understand captains maybe not being able to do this, and the idea that this SHOULDN'T be necessary, but it's just an idea, and I'm just trying to help.