NJ Fishing Advertise Here at New Jersey's Number 1 Fishing Website!

Message Board

NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey - View Single Post - Did your boat insurance go up
View Single Post
Old 03-16-2018, 09:55 AM
NJFishing.com Member

Default Re: Did your boat insurance go up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy223 View Post
I just renewed mine yesterday. Same premium as last year $467 for full ins.

On another note:
BoatUS towing ins is 149. I contacted them as to why it was 99 last year and now to renew this year is 149 and this is the response to that...

Thank you, Billy. You joined through one of our New Jersey offers. All of our $99 introductory offers are for new Members only. Normal prices resume upon renewal. We attend many boat shows where we offer similar priving discounts and we also have West Marine events where you may have the opportunity to renew the membership at the discounted price, however, our full price is $149/year as listed on http://www.boatus.com/membership/plans-and-prices
BOAT US always tries to hit me with the separate towing bill each year until I call them to complain that it's already a rider on my policy and included in my regular boat insurance and then they say "Ohh, yea I see that" and wave it.

I'm kind of torn to leave them as they treated me very well on a small claim I had a few years ago but they raised my price $300 for 2018 citing big losses from Harvey. lol