NJ Fishing Advertise Here at New Jersey's Number 1 Fishing Website!

Message Board

NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey - View Single Post - Repowering Questions
View Single Post
Old 05-13-2014, 12:21 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Default Re: Repowering Questions

I have the 21 Stratus DC with your same engine. I'm guessing the transom and engine are setup the same way as mine. I saw your other post about replacing your transom as well. My biggest concern as I've also considered doing what you plan to do is the weight. I know when I'm fully loaded with fuel, coolers/ice, rods, people, my boat squats like hell. I've even dove off my boat with three guys and doubles and its even worse! Hanging a bracket off the back with an engine that may even be more heavier I forsea being an issue. That bow is going to sky rocket from a dead stop. Not sure if this is true, but I've heard the 4strokes are even a bit heavier then our 2strokes? Another thing to consider is my boat moves pretty well even loaded with an old tired 200, a brand new engine is going to be a lot more powerful, so is going up really necessary?
Hope this makes sense and helps at all. Please make sure to take lots of pictures of your upgrades!! Before, during and after!! And of course report back to us!