NJ Fishing Advertise Here at New Jersey's Number 1 Fishing Website!

Message Board

NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey - View Single Post - Who introduced you to fishing?
View Single Post
Old 07-04-2014, 04:25 PM
NJFishing.com Regular

Default Re: Who introduced you to fishing?

My Dad, back when you could still access the jetty at Atlantic Highlands. There used to be a long railroad tie or plank of wood that jutted out from the jetty. We used to fill up buckets with snappers and caught my very first fluke there in the early 80s. Gotta say my Dad is the best fluke fishermen I know. Have to admit I lost interest in fishing when i reached my teens and twenties, but i re-discovered the passion and love for the sport in my late thirties...as it turns out, it is still in my blood. Dad's a little older now and he can't get out as much as he'd like, but he's still the first call I make after each trip to give him the full report...and every call I make to him, I'm 7-8 years old again, just as excited to show/tell my Dad about my catch as I was back then. The best part, though, is when his face lights up hearing about my catch, just like it did on that jetty more than thirty years ago. Thanks Dad...