NJ Fishing Advertise Here at New Jersey's Number 1 Fishing Website!

Message Board

NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey - View Single Post - Winterizing????
Thread: Winterizing????
View Single Post
Old 11-25-2019, 10:22 AM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Default Re: Winterizing????

Quote:
Originally Posted by GetANet View Post
Thanks guys for your input. I was wondering about the fuel tank the most since i've never had an internal tank. We are planning to get out saturday and try for some stripers and will probably be wrapping it up next weekend. I figured on stabilizer for fuel and replacing filter as well as removing the battery. I guess it would be a good idea to do lower end oil too. Appreciate the help!

In my experience most of the issues encountered in spring re-commission are related to fuel gone bad.. so you are wise to be concerned..Gerry and others as usual give great advice.. I would also suggest if possible always running non-ethanol fuel in it.. especially before storage..but if its handy, i would burn it year round.. in my case I have to drive several miles out of my way to get it, but I find it well worth it down the road.. and not just in my outboard, but all the yard equipment as well.. when it comes to gas sitting around a while, ethenol is the devil