NJ Fishing Advertise Here at New Jersey's Number 1 Fishing Website!

Message Board

NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey - View Single Post - It’s Walleye season.....Let’s gooooo! 11/29,30
View Single Post
Old 11-30-2019, 07:24 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Talking It’s Walleye season.....Let’s gooooo! 11/29,30

Did the Walleye thing all day yesterday and then again today. I’m sleepy, LOL. The switch was on yesterday as I landed 12 fish combined on various jigs and plastics. 6 keepers and 6 shorts came to my net yesterday. 5 of those keepers were over 20 inches with the biggest going 24 inches. I kept 1 for dinner and he measured 18.5. Delicious and perfect size for the cast iron skillet.

Today was a totally different story. A few fish were caught during the early morning shift, 3 in total, I was late for that bite. The struggle was reel all day as I didn’t get my first fish til 2 in the afternoon. Nice female with a fat belly about 20 inches or so. Nobody was getting anything, there was no Walleye chop, no wind and no fish. I dropped a few fish and landed 1 more keeper in between catching some shorts. Tough day out there and i was 1 fish short of a limit. I tried and tried but she never showed up. That’s fishin’ fellas! Gotta take the good with the bad! TIGHT LINEZ!!!

Last edited by FASTEDDIE29; 11-30-2019 at 07:30 PM..