NJ Fishing Advertise Here at New Jersey's Number 1 Fishing Website!

Message Board

NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey - View Single Post - Twins VS Single Debate
View Single Post
Old 01-25-2017, 09:47 PM
Banned

Default Re: Twins VS Single Debate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt. Frank View Post
What happens is you pay the tow company and the insurance co re-imburses you. With Progressive you pay nothing.

That is a marine policy? Most do not understand homeowner add ons do no cover salvages, replacement, spills. Many do NOT know that.
Markel is a boat policy. I am far more scared of an oil spill liability than I am paying an extra grand for a longer tow. I literally spent 30 minutes trying to explain to the Progessive rep that Oil Spill Liabilityis capped by Uncle Sam at $854,400 and that I wanted coverage up to that limit. It wasnt available.

Think about the costs of the following scenario, Something happens, I hit a boat with my boat, and we both sink. He happens to be driving a brand new CC with trip 300s on it. Ive basically eaten through my 300k limit on just the boat I hit. Then the coast guard shows up and we start leaking hundreds of gallons of gas into Raritan Bay. The Coast Guard drops booms and then will send me a bill. And it will be a six figure bill. Since I have no more insurance available, im even responsible for the salvage operation to raise the boats out of pocket. Im broke and screwed for life with Uncle Sam garnishing my wages.
That is why Progressive cant be my insurer.