NJ Fishing Advertise Here at New Jersey's Number 1 Fishing Website!

Message Board

NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey - View Single Post - Hooks Creek Issue/Stocking Protocol question
View Single Post
Old 11-06-2018, 08:26 PM
NJFishing.com Regular

Default Re: Hooks Creek Issue/Stocking Protocol question

I was there a week after stocking and had the same results. Saw two dead trout and two trying to survive. I inspected one of the dead ones and it did look like it had claw marks in it’s back. It could be the cormorant/Osprey harassing them to exhaustion or water temps / 02 levels.Another angler on the other side did catch two on jar bait. I run and gun throwing spinners or plugs unless my daughter is with me.

As far as the other species sping of 2017 I caught bass up to 14” and with eggs ( released of course) on every outing. Went back in September for the bass and nothing no hits no followers no sightings. I did see a sign stating that the water was treated with an herbicide . Walking out I saw two fishing that I see there all the time and asked if they caught anything and the said not since they treated the water. Then they told me that two weeks after the treatment they quickly filled two front end loaders with dead fish. I asked if they had any pictures but they said no. I wish I were there earlier but I fish all over the state and don’t go in HC when you have to pay.

As far as SS Sandy they let it purge for four years untill the salinity level was safe for fresh water fish then the F&G stocked warm water species.

All in all its a very beautiful lake and park . I walk my dog there regularly trails are great. Unfortunately it’s being pushed down to the bottom of my go to spots

Last edited by Blackfishhead; 11-08-2018 at 09:18 PM.. Reason: Spelling