NJ Fishing Advertise Here at New Jersey's Number 1 Fishing Website!

Message Board

NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey - View Single Post - moon lit mixed bag on the cong
View Single Post
Old 05-19-2019, 01:02 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Default moon lit mixed bag on the cong

i was out on the big pond by 5:30pm and started the action with the old trusty jig-n-bobber for some crappies and got into some nice sized sunnies at first then found the crappies a bit deeper. ended up with 10 sunnies and 6 nice sized crappies the biggest crappie was 12".. then when it got dark it was time to see if the walleyes wanted to play. started with topwater and hooked up with a 24" eye rather quickly then things got slow at that spot so off to spot #2 good old cow tongue point got there around 10:30pm and the herring were doing the dance and i had hits and lost one before i could get it into the canoe, it came unbuttoned not that big but it was a walleye.switched to the stickbait to see if they would like that and only got a 14" largemouth bass. so off to spot #3 and fished there for about 20 min and hooked up with a 26 and a half incher nice eye got that one on the topwater i called it a wrap at 3:00am . by the way did anybody else see those fireworks last night? always cool catching walleyes with fireworks going off.