NJ Fishing Advertise Here at New Jersey's Number 1 Fishing Website!

Message Board

NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey - View Single Post - Back behind the oars! Driftboating mixed bag
View Single Post
Old 04-11-2024, 02:17 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Default Re: Back behind the oars! Driftboating mixed bag

Have to love a 25 - 30lb carp loaded with eggs on a paddle tail and jig! Surprised the flathead was active in this water temperature and that's a quality flathead! Was she taken on bait or jig? Would guess jig as I doubt you were catfishing and would guess a paddle tail like the carp on the rod behind the angler. If so, it amazes me how many flatheads fall to artificial in the early spring when they're still fairly lethargic.

Without giving away spots, could you reveal your general location. Frenchtown area, Water Gap or copper mine or above. Just curious where that flathead was caught. If you don't want to share on the site, a pm would be appreciated. Reason I ask is I'm wondering if flatheads are expanding their territory upriver?

Great report, you always find the fish! 6-7 lb. golden trout is a serious golden. Any trout that get swept into the Delaware from tributaries have a chance to reach jumbo proportions. Must have been a very cool sight and it better watch out for Mr. Muskie!

Last edited by Broad Bill; 04-11-2024 at 06:09 PM..