NJ Fishing Advertise Here at New Jersey's Number 1 Fishing Website!

Message Board

NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey - View Single Post - How many going to fluke meeting
View Single Post
Old 03-07-2024, 12:08 PM
Owner NJFishing.com

Default Re: How many going to fluke meeting

Quote:
Originally Posted by pddmd View Post
The 2 year plan is a huge reason why I will vote the way I do. I wish I wasn't as cynical as I am, but I think I am naive to believe that a relaxation of Sea Bass regulations are coming next year. If we don't push for a long fluke season now, the gap in September '25 could be untenable. Party/Charter boats, bait and tackle shops will not survive a gap of more than a few days. Fluke and Sea Bass drive the bus. The eventual plan is to handle Fluke, Sea Bass, and Porgy at the same time. But for now we have to handle things this way.
Agreed. I'll trade higher sizes limits for a longer season every time. To me and I think a lot of others here, it's about access. We want access to the resource for as many days as possible so we at least have an opportunity to go out and fish for something.

I know the NJ Council's hands are tied on Seabass liberalization. A real shame that we don't get some relief from the fisheries managers there..

Gerry Zagorski <><

Founder/Owner of NJFishing.com since 1997
Proud Supporter of Heroes on the Water
NJFishing@aol.com
Obsession
28 Carolina Classic
Sandy Hook Area