NJ Fishing Advertise Here at New Jersey's Number 1 Fishing Website!

Message Board

NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey - View Single Post - Florida freshwater cocks,cichs,lizards oh my!
View Single Post
Old 02-16-2022, 01:54 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Default Florida freshwater cocks,cichs,lizards oh my!

2/12/22- Myself, Dev & special guest Ragu went out on lake Ida & the locks for the peacock bass. Mission accomplished easily with Lockednloaded Fishing. When I was 5 i remember watching roland Martin fish the amazon for peacock bass & it was a bucketlist fish for me immediately after knowing they existed. we got 20 on the day & cannot wait to do this again peacocks fight like a smallmouth on steroids. We tried for clowns as well but no luck but the capt got 1 on afternoon trip. Vinnie also caught a peacock while asleep & a mayan cichlid. Dev struggled with peacocks only landing 4 or 5 but caught her pb largemouth 3x over lol. A definite highlight was when we snag n dropped an iguana that i got to play with! thing dropped on deck started running crazy & i just grabbed it & molested the poor thing like lenny with the rabbits, captain didn't realize who was aboard

2/13/22- Dev & I fished local ponds. stopped at local bait shop got some shiners & a dozen nightcrawlers. 1st pond nothing, second pond bluegills, dink bass & i got a mayan cichlid. 3rd pond small bluegills & a statue covered in iguanas! last stop at dusk lake behind hotel with everyone watching us from pool & hot tub like we were crazy I got a Vieja Cichlid & dev got another nice largemouth. Majority of fish ate nightcrawlers only 1 bass on a shiner.

Murr722@gmail.com

THE REIGNING, DEFENDING, PUT UP OR SHUT UP
CHAMPION

Put Up or Shut Up IX Prelims winner

If you don't like fish thats "fishy" eat chicken.

"theres a million fine looking women in the world dude,but they dont all buy you st. croixs for your birthday,most of them just yell at ya for fishing to much."

"Murray's Law: The uglier a fish is, the better it tastes." - Lard Almighty

LAB,always in our hearts & ears