NJ Fishing Advertise Here at New Jersey's Number 1 Fishing Website!

Message Board

NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey - View Single Post - 9/18/21 Greenwood Public Launches : WE NEED YOU! UPDATE
View Single Post
Old 09-18-2021, 08:39 AM
Owner NJFishing.com

Default Re: 9/18/21 Greenwood Public Launches : WE NEED YOU! UPDATE

Quote:
Originally Posted by muskynut View Post
Hope you are all well and healthy. We attended last week's NJ Fish and Game Council meeting, and I had the opportunity to speak with Assistant Director Lisa Barno via phone.

In the meeting it was made known that the steps towards a public boat launch ramp on Greenwood were moving at amazing speed. That is good.

Please digest the following slowly: according to the Assistant Director, the next best place to focus on in terms of EFFORT OF ANGLERS would be the GOVERNOR"S office. Governor Murphy must be made aware of the issue of public access on Greenwood Lake. I was told that if we can keep this a "HOT TICKET ITEM" at the forefront and the Governor is aware of the situation that they "CAN FIND THE MONEY" to make the concept of public launch ramps a reality. Of course it boils down to FUNDING.

REMEMBER: there is also the "Lakes Bill" $750,000/year towards public access and water quality. We are going to inquire which GROUPS can apply for the money.

Back to the GOVERNOR: we plan on drafting 3 versions of a letter that will be sent to his office making him aware of the situation and asking for funding for the project. Once the letters are complete, I will post them here. You don't even have to write your own letter.....just pick one of the three, date it, sign it, and mail to the the address we provide. The Assistant Director informed me that even though we are shy of 2,000 signatures on the petition, "petitions only go so far". So, as I stated the next step is making sure the Governor is aware and can find the monies to cover the project.

PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE: ANYONE YOU KNOW, FAMILY MEMBERS, FRIENDS, ETC. ONCE WE RELEASE THE LETTERS, LOOK THEM OVER, PICK ONE SIGN IT AND SEND IT TO THE GOVERNOR. WE ARE DOING GREAT....BUT NOW THE NEEDLE HAS TO BE MOVED TOWARDS THE FUNDING.

Again as soon as we are ready to go, I will copy the letters here and then have at it. All you have to do is SIGN AND SEND.

Keep you all posted as we move ahead. We need all your input, help, and support and thank all of you that have helped/contributed so far. This WILL result in a public launch ramp on Greenwood Lake for all the PUBLIC to enjoy.

Respectfully,

UFANJ
Please check your PMs, thanks!

Gerry Zagorski <><

Founder/Owner of NJFishing.com since 1997
Proud Supporter of Heroes on the Water
NJFishing@aol.com
Obsession
28 Carolina Classic
Sandy Hook Area