NJ Fishing Advertise Here at New Jersey's Number 1 Fishing Website!

Message Board

NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey - View Single Post - Best of 2019
Thread: Best of 2019
View Single Post
Old 01-13-2020, 01:11 AM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Default Re: Best of 2019

Had an awesome year with many firsts, PBs, and tons of adventures.

Did a lot of exploring new territory this year with Luke, from exploring smaller streams and creeks to floating some new sections of larger rivers. Outside of NJ, I was lucky enough to spend a decent amount of time camping and fishing up in the Adirondacks targeting bass and pike and fishing for trout over in the UK.

In the fall, I brought my muskie curse to Chrisper's tin can (Currently at 23 trips without landing a fish). Headed out with Hookmanski on Squatch's boat for the hybrid meet and greet and had the catch of the day, hauling in a pretty solid spinning combo from the depths of Hopatcong. I went on my first lake trout adventure with Chrisper and got completely hooked on the type of fishing. Luke and I watched Eddie put on a Thanksgiving Trout clinic for us. Luke and I closed out the year exploring some new trout waters.

This year, I also started making my own lures which went from looking like square blocks to actually looking fish-like.

Some firsts for this year include first tiger trout, brook trout, trout slam (Got all four in one session) walleye, laker, and my first surf striper in NJ.

Some PBs include LMB, smallie, rainbow, brown, pickerel, a 13" perch, and an 11" bluegill.

Overall a solid year, and looking forward to seeing what next year has in store! I'm hoping to finally cross the muskie off my list, to actually target walleye, and to break the 24" mark for a brown trout.

Special thanks to Chrisper and NJSquatch for taking me out on your boats and to Eddie, JD, and Sako1 for your help/info over the course of the year. Happy New Year All!