NJ Fishing Advertise Here at New Jersey's Number 1 Fishing Website!

Message Board

NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey - View Single Post - South Holston, Tuckasegee, Catawba rivers:
View Single Post
Old 11-12-2019, 07:20 AM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Default Re: South Holston, Tuckasegee, Catawba rivers:

Andy, South Holston is fantastic. Slot limit is similar to Caney Fork near my home. You can keep like 10 fish under 14 inch and 1 fish over 26. Go directly to the dam and fly fish tailwater when not generating. When generating, water comes up substantially so switch to spin gear with spinners, plugs etc.
Most fishing for me is tailwaters. I've got 4 great locations within an hour. Center Hill and Dale Hollow are my go to trouting locations with generation or not. Old Hickory and Cordell Hull are big striper spots usually with generation going.
Everyone around fishes bass and crappie. Takes some gettin used to, (not my preference). Get a boat and fish the impoundments or run up the tailwaters for striper with live skipjack.
I've got a buddy in Mt Airy NC and we've trout fished near Va border and also down in Cherokee but I haven't spent much time in NC.

Took some gettin used to but I found my groove and you will too.

Good luck, God Bless and TIGHT LINEZ.