NJ Fishing Advertise Here at New Jersey's Number 1 Fishing Website!

Message Board

NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey - View Single Post - Opinions on Snake Heads
View Single Post
Old 07-30-2019, 07:07 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Default Re: Opinions on Snake Heads

Quote:
Originally Posted by catfishonthelake View Post
I am well aware of all of that information. And though you completely missed my point, you actually proved it if you go back and carefully read what you read.

Just saying, as evidenced by 7 pages of this thread, that one could make an argument about how stupid or how just a whole lot of laws are, and as sportsmen we shouldn't be deciphering which are which and if we feel strongly we should do something to change them.

Thanks for also reminding me why I stopped posting on this board.
No, your point was very clear. And my point is that virtually everything you mentioned in your examples are regulations that have a conservation benefit, in other words a purpose. I informed you on why those regulations have a purpose or a scientific basis. Blindly killing species termed invasive when they are clearly well established throughout major river basins, on the other hand, is pointless and has zero benefit. Which is why most states don't have that ridiculously antiquated, pointless rule. I worked in fisheries management for a state that has sensible rules. Either release immediately, or kill it. Just no live transport. By the way, thank you for proving my point.

This reminds you why YOU no longer post here? Now that is funny. You dont post here because you don't want to deal with having a civil, respectful discussion? Correct me if I'm wrong, but you're the only one who came on here and said people are "stupid" for partaking in a fishery that's virtually identical to one you enjoy. Nobody wants to hear your hypocritical, condescending comments.

Honestly, this is probably the only internet board where everyone is helpful, respectful and supportive. It's a pleasure being part of it. However, you only seem hop on here and post to make condescending comments or stir the pot.

Reminds you of why you don't post here...that's a good one, Mark.