NJ Fishing Advertise Here at New Jersey's Number 1 Fishing Website!

Message Board

NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey - View Single Post - Potential Trout Stocking Additions
View Single Post
Old 02-26-2018, 08:15 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Default Potential Trout Stocking Additions

This was originally posted by 'thmyorke1' on the Pequest Trout Meeting thread but I thought it warranted it's own thread to receive the notice it deserves.

[quote "thmyorke1
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Re: Trout Meeting March 3

The idea I had in mind is the Raritan River (main stem) being added to the Fall Stocking program. Specifically just the Duke Island Park stretch and with very few numbers compared to other waters.

I'll be discussing this more at the meeting, feel free to join me there." quote]

Personally I'm fully in favor of this proposal and will support it. If anyone believes this is a worthwhile proposal, showing up to voice your opinion would certainly be helpful. Likewise if anyone has their own thoughts for some change or improvement to the current trout programs, whether about stocked fish or regarding a wild trout stream, this meeting is definitely the place to make your voice heard and hopefully gather support for your ideas.

Hope to see some of my fellow NJF'ers on Sat!