NJ Fishing Advertise Here at New Jersey's Number 1 Fishing Website!

Message Board

NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey - View Single Post - Spruce Run Creek dumping by Eastern Concrete
View Single Post
Old 08-04-2017, 02:49 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Exclamation Spruce Run Creek dumping by Eastern Concrete

Glen Gardner/hunterdon county residents, I am urging you to give Eastern Concrete Materials a call and complain about the sediment dumped into the spruce run creek. Not only does this creek run into spruce run providing drinking water to people, it was also a pristine stream teaming with life. For a 2 mile stretch, that pristine habitat is now covered in sediment, green slime and dead fish. They need to be held accountable for the extreme amount of damage done to the environment and they need to hear that the people if Glen Gardner will not stand for this. Give them a call at 908-537-2135 and let them hear your voice!

I have spoken with managers of the quarry who told me they are working with the DEP to start the cleanup work. This is unacceptable. As a resident of Glen Gardner, I have grown up fishing in this stream, playing near it with my friends as a kid, and just appreciating its overall beauty that has now been tarnished by the actions of a few people. I am sick to my stomach writing this, but please help me in holding these people accountable for their actions.