NJ Fishing Advertise Here at New Jersey's Number 1 Fishing Website!

Message Board

NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey - View Single Post - Last Few Days On The River.......
View Single Post
Old 06-29-2017, 04:18 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Default Last Few Days On The River.......

Spent my last few trips checking out some river spots I hadn't seen in a while. River was in good shape. Not to low, and not running muddier than usual!! Found some good action at each spot.

Spent one trip chucking assorted lures for some pike. Pops caught 2 in the mid 20s and I got a slab crappie, one around 20" and lost one much bigger to a spectacular airborne headshake...... Saw the whole fish, and the then the lure come flying out of his mouth!!! Spinnerbaits and crank baits did the damage. Crankbaits drew more strikes but man they're a pain with the weeds and debris!!

The next few trips I was "inspired" to tangle with a decent catfish Took a night trip out on the boat with extra batteries and high expectations. Bug spray kept the skeeters at bay while we cranked in bullheads. Finally hooked up a decent fish and, due to a failed knot, never got to see it....

Next day I had some livers left over. Hit the river again and anchored up in a shady spot and sunk some meat. Real slow going for a while and was about ready to pack it in when one of my rods folds over. Knew right away it was a decent fish. Had 10# mono pretty tight on the drag and the fish was pulling the boat, with the anchor out!!! After a great battle I netted a 8-9# channel!! Fought even better than the 29" pike I caught on chicken livers , lol!!!! Good times!!!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG1968_1.jpg
Views:	187
Size:	81.5 KB
ID:	113087   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG1966_1.jpg
Views:	165
Size:	42.6 KB
ID:	113088   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG1957_1.jpg
Views:	174
Size:	50.3 KB
ID:	113090   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG1958_1.jpg
Views:	169
Size:	60.9 KB
ID:	113544  

Last edited by NorthJerzyG; 07-20-2017 at 03:08 PM..