NJ Fishing Advertise Here at New Jersey's Number 1 Fishing Website!

Message Board

NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey - View Single Post - 'Po boy catch & cook
View Single Post
Old 05-30-2017, 09:12 AM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Default 'Po boy catch & cook

Hit the 'Po with a couple buddies and was jumping from spot to spot trying to keep busy. Pretty rough with the sun in full effect but still found a few fish willing to bite. Pulled out a nice rainbow on a gold pheobe right before sunset and then the bite lit up! Got the fire going and cooked up a couple fish while my friend expanded the menu. Had a gut hooked fish that came with no name and ate him 1st. Next was the rainbow and then a nice black crappie, mmmmm! So while cheffing it up with no spices, my buddy lands a nice plump walleye that made the main course. I've gotten these guys way down by me before so I know they can travel a great distance, but was still surprised considering how far we were up the 'Po. 1st time trying them as well and definitely won't be the last!! Passed the secret tackle around, ate some fish & shot the chit...it was a good day! No pics from the river, but here's a 5lber I nabbed outta Monksville last week.