NJ Fishing Advertise Here at New Jersey's Number 1 Fishing Website!

Message Board

NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey - View Single Post - Who makes the best custom rods
View Single Post
Old 07-15-2016, 08:02 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Default Re: Who makes the best custom rods

I own many custom rods Mike Garone makes a great rod so does Bogan. I also owned a Grandt rod he makes a great rod with beautiful wraps as well. But whatever Grandt does so can Garone & Bogan as well. It all goes on what you want to spend & personal preference. Mike is a member of the NERBS they are the finest rod builders in the world. I had a few rods built buy a few of them as well. The more detail to your rods the higher the cost for the artwork. I love Mike's feather in lay work & I know Grandt does great feather work as well but my opinion is Mike's just a tad above his & it's how he mix's his color patterns that make's the difference to me Plus our guys fish our waters know our needs & know the correct parabolic bend for each species the rods are being designed for. Plus I also don't think I want somebody from Illinois building me a Blackfish rod.

Last edited by Blackfish Doug; 07-16-2016 at 06:00 PM..